Friday, January 30, 2009

Tomorrow it ends...





As I am sitting here on the floor, looking around at an empty dining and living room, I cannot believe it is real. We are moving again. Tomorrow, we'll pack up our cars and head to Orange County for the next six months. It has been a painful decision process, but we are wholeheartedly following God's lead and trusting that what he has next is even better for us.


We have loved this house. We have watched Isaiah grow from a little peanut who couldn't do much besides cry, sleep and smile into a spunky, adorable active little boy. All of his big milestones happened in our open downstairs area or in our much loved upstairs rooms. From his first birthday to a fun Christmas and his first little slide in the yard, we will greatly treasure our memories from Cedar Glen.

Since we are moving, I thought it would be a good idea to finally post pictures of his bedroom :)

I loved how it turned out:

I loved the bright celadon green! David and I painstakingly hand painted these circles for four hours one night. I loved them.

I then took letters from Paper Source, painted them and covered them with paper that matched his bedding.

Isaiah, checking out his letters:

My mom and I made all of his bedding, except for the crib sheet.
I had a hard time finding fabric that I liked, but I eventually came across Caden Lane' s line of crib bedding. I did not like all of it, but loved a couple of prints. I decided it was worth the hefty price and we mixed it with solid fabrics and a striped fabric that was actually a set of sheets we found at TJ Maxx. 

My sister-in-law, Lindsey (aka quilt designer extraordinaire), helped us with ideas for the layout of the quilt. 



It is backed in solid brown.



All of his furniture, except for the Pottery Barn crib, were hand me downs that we repainted and fixed up   (score!).
I bought the matching crib sheet & changing pad cover by Caden Lane from Giggle Brush Designs .
I think the thing that I will miss most about his room is this piece of bliss above. His changing table is next to a window that looks out over our backyard into our neighbor's yard, which has a huge bamboo plant, windmills and orange trees. Isaiah and I loved to watch the wind move through the trees and the windmills spin. 

My sweet friends Carolyn and Julianne made this for Isaiah's room before he was born, and before they even saw the fabric I had chosen! It matches perfectly.

A couple of cute pics of the little guy in our last few days here:

Eating pasta like a champ:




Goodbye house.

2 comments:

Kristin Sellars said...

I'm sorry to hear you guys have to move but I would love to hang out sometime now that you will be in Orange County. I am sure Isaiah and Mackenzie would have fun playing toegther.

Cathi Hamen said...

soo sweet court!! but there is something else better waiting for your lil fam!!