Friday, January 2, 2009

Maybe he is trying to tell me something...

It was cute at first.

I normally don't let Isaiah play with my iPhone, but he was just so dang cute walking around holding it up to his ear and babbling away. For a good 5-10 minutes, he paced around our downstairs pretending to talk on the phone. It cracked me up.

He came and sat next to me, sat my phone down and started playing with some times. Next thing I knew, he was racing up the stairs, which happens about 200 each day. He usually goes right to his toys and books in my office/loft, so I gave him about 30 seconds before I went up after him.

I got to the top of the stairs and hear a strange sound. "Bloop". Oh no- Isaiah had gotten into the bathroom, lifted up the toilet seat and was playing with the water. I rushed in. What I did not expect was to see my iPhone floating in the toilet. Shocked, I watched as the cute picture of Isaiah that is normally my background flashed to black before I could get to it.

Isaiah stood next to the toilet with a proud grin on his face.

I told David that maybe he was trying to tell me something. That maybe I should not spend so much time on my phone or rely on it so much.

Goodbye iPhone. Goodbye $200 to replace iPhone. Goodbye letting Isaiah touch my phone. But, he is still so dang cute when he pretends to talk on the phone.

Happy New Year Everyone! New year, new phone! And, a plus: it is a newer version of the iPhone so it  is faster and more stylish. Thanks Isaiah *kind of*

A Christmas post will be coming once I can find my camera battery charger. Not the best week for electronics in my world.

2 comments:

Cristina said...

yeah ... i just had an iphone episode as well! and apple/cingular make it impossible to get around buying a new one for $200. i tried doing the refurbished thing ... nope. stinky, but it's good to get the new model. although, i have to say, i don't think it is much faster. it is lighter :) yay for getting new iphones!!!

Kristen said...

glad you got a new iphone. silly boy! did you let him keep your old one to play with ?